Flux will soon be launching WordPress, but why is this important. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at these questions and more.
You might be surprised to learn just how much of the internet is powered by WordPress. This popular content management system (CMS) has come a long way since its humble beginnings as a blogging platform in 2003.
Today, it’s estimated that over 40% of all websites on the internet are powered by WordPress. That’s an astonishing number! But what is it about WordPress that makes it so popular and why do so many people choose it to run their websites?
What is WordPress?
For those who may not be familiar, WordPress is a free and open-source CMS that makes it easy to create and manage a website. It was initially created as a blogging platform, but over the years it has evolved into a powerful tool for building all sorts of websites, from personal blogs to e-commerce sites, portfolios, and more.
One of the biggest selling points of WordPress is its ease of use. It’s designed for people with no coding experience to be able to create and manage a website. You don’t need to know how to write code to use WordPress. Instead, you can use a visual editor to add and edit content, as well as customize the appearance of your site with themes and plugins.
The Rise of WordPress
Since its launch in 2003, WordPress has grown dramatically in popularity. It has been downloaded over 100 million times and is now used by millions of people around the world to power their websites.
One of the biggest reasons for WordPress’ success is its versatility. As we mentioned earlier, WordPress can be used to build all sorts of websites, not just blogs. This has allowed it to become a popular choice for small business owners, freelancers, and even large corporations.
Another factor that has contributed to WordPress’ popularity is its open-source nature. This means that anyone can use, modify, and redistribute the code for free. This has led to a huge community of developers who have created thousands of themes and plugins that can be used to enhance the functionality of a WordPress site.
How Much of the Internet is Run on WordPress?
It’s estimated that around 40% of all websites on the internet are powered by WordPress. This is a huge number, and it’s a testament to the platform’s popularity. To put it in perspective, if you consider the entire internet to be a city with 100 million inhabitants, 40 million of those people would be living in a house powered by WordPress.
Why is WordPress So Popular?
So why is WordPress so popular? There are several reasons:
- Ease of Use: As we mentioned earlier, WordPress is designed to be user-friendly, even for those with no coding experience. This makes it an accessible option for people who want to create a website but don’t want to learn how to code.
- Versatility: WordPress can be used to build all sorts of websites, from personal blogs to e-commerce sites, portfolios, and more. This versatility has made it a popular choice for small business owners, freelancers, and even large corporations.
- Open-Source: WordPress is open-source software, which means that anyone can use, modify, and redistribute the code for free. This has led to a huge community of developers who have created thousands of themes and plugins that can be used to enhance the functionality of a WordPress site.
- Large Community: The open-source nature of WordPress has also led to a large and active community of users and developers. This community is a valuable resource for those who need help or want to learn more.
With this addition to the arsenal for Flux its safe to say that there is a lot of demand for it. It is a huge growth sector for them to go into and with the price they are estimated to be launching at they could be a real thread to traditional Web 2 cloud providers.
- Website – https://runonflux.io/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/RunOnFlux
- Discord – https://discord.gg/d9VwzEbgTR
Thanks for reading and if you would like to keep in touch with all things Flux follow me on Discord and Twitter.